IEEE Society focuses on bringing together practicing technologists and researchers to facilitate understanding of the complex interaction between technology, science and society, its impact on individuals and society in general, as well as professional and social responsibility in the practice of engineering, science and technology, and open discussion on the resulting issues.
IEEE INSB offers 4 chapters. They are :
The IEEE Power & Energy Society (PES), formerly the IEEE Power Engineering Society, is the oldest society of the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) focused on the scientific and engineering knowledge about electric power and energy.
IEEE NSU PES Student Branch Chapter is a technical sub-unit of one or more IEEE Societies. It thrives to provide scientific and engineering information on electric power and energy for the betterment of society, and preferred professional development source of its members. Its vision is to implement a smart grid in Bangladesh using our own innovation and technology.
IEEE has now become a trusted and unbiased source of technical information, and forums, for technical dialog and collaboration.
IEEE is now essential to the global technical community and to technical professionals everywhere, and is universally recognized for the contributions of technology and of technical professionals in improving global conditions.
IEEE NSU IAS SBC from its initial work to build a network of professional connections is a part of it, as is staying on the inside track on happenings in the field which enables the advancement of theory and practice in the design, development, manufacturing and application of safe, sustainable, reliable, smart electrical systems, equipment and services.One of the largest special interest societies within the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE), the IAS focuses specifically on the unique needs of industry and commerce. It focuses on creating a bridge between the theoretical study and the field of work in the application of electrical and electronic systems.
- INSB organizes and hosts competitions and group projects which are sponsored by big companies like “Robi” or “Grey” . These are great platforms to get reputation which will aid the members in their career.
- INSB has also worked hard for women's betterment. IEEE affinity group WIE(Women in Engineering) is currently the biggest organization for women in engineering.
- Well educated, highly qualified and skilled professionals from esteemed institutions such as “Shikhbe Shobai” also host comprehensive workshops where the INSB members can learn new traits straight from the veteran engineers.
- INSB also organizes many Alumni events. Where the current members of INSB can mix with the ex-members and get a proper view of their career and corporate life.
- INSB also hosts many different life skill development events. These can be educational or not. Their main purpose is to serve in real life situations for the members.
IEEE North South University Student Branch, Robotics and Automation Society (RAS) was established on the 5 th January, 2017. It is the first Robotics and Automation Society Student Chapter in Bangladesh.From its beginning it has been working for the development and facilitating the exchange of scientific and technological knowledge in Robotics and Automation that benefits members, the profession and humanity among students. IEEE NSU RAS SBC is organizing a “Draw Your Dream Robot!”event to let the imaginations of our young generation run wild and provide them with a platform to showcase their talents and also help to take lessons and prepare for our future battles against contagious diseases so that we can prevent them from turning into pandemics.
- IEEE Spectrum Magazine subscription
- IEEE Collabratec
- IEEE Technical Navigator
- IEEE Xplore Digital Library discounts
- IEEE Mentoring Program
- IEEE Jobsite
- IEEE Learning Network
IEEE WIE is led by a diverse body of elected and appointed volunteer members. The governance structure includes boards for operational areas as well as bodies representing members in the 45 Societies and technical Councils and ten worldwide geographic regions.
IEEE WIE NSU, an Affinity Group from NSU Student Branch, dedicated to promoting women and inspiring girls from North South University and around the world to follow their academic interests to a career in IT and engineering. This affinity group was established on 20th June 2016 and since then its members have been actively working on their events and projects.
Branch Counselor - Fahimul Haque
Branch Mentor - Md. Romael Haque
Chair - Mayesha Tafannum
Vice Chair - Zishan Uddin Abir
Secretary - Moshiur Rahman Faisal
Treasurer - Mahi Barkatullah
Chair, RAS Student Chapter - Mohammad Rayed
Chair, PES Student Chapter - Nazmul Hasan
Chair, IAS Student Chapter - Asif Abbas
Chair, WIE Affinity Group - Rubaiya Masnun Abanti