IEEE NSU Student Branch (INSB) is a technical subunit of IEEE societies that associates with valuable resources available from IEEE.INSB is the biggest and the most renowned IEEE branch in Bangladesh. The high number of members and cooperative environment ensure INSB is the melting pot of technical brilliance and excellence.INSB is basically here to fulfill the needs of members and the mission of IEEE. It provides an opportunity for student members to begin networking in their areas of interest, and future professions as well as enjoy all the benefits and facilities of being an IEEE member.
IEEE INSB offers 3 chapters,
- IEEE NSU PES Student Branch Chapter
- IEEE NSU RAS Student Branch Chapter
- IEEE NSU IAS Student Branch Chapter
and 1 Affinity Group
- IEEE NSU WIE Affinity Group
INSB envision serving, inspiring, and getting inspired to change our community and cultivate our fellow engineers in their relative engineering fields through interactive learning, various projects/workshops, technical visits, and field trips that will help them to gain a better understanding of the professional environment and technical progress and enable their careers. To achieve excellence INSB provides extensive and informative seminars which are hosted by the brightest minds in the world.
IEEE INSB provides you with a wonderful opportunity to meet diverse people and make friends which helps to develop your communication skills and helps to make business contacts. IEEE helps you develop a research mindset, helps to make business contacts, and gets access to the rich literature content available on IEEE Xplore. IEEE helps to earn skills like Web development, Graphic Design, Content Writing, Social Media Management, and User Interface Design. It also helps in choosing your field of interest and research(scientific articles) and helps to locate career opportunities easily.
IEEE is a member-run and organized platform. INSB is the biggest and the most renowned IEEE branch in Bangladesh. The high number of members and cooperative environment ensure INSB is the melting pot of technical brilliance and excellence. IEEE always has been and still is a breeding ground for new and improved ideas that have been changing the world in a positive way. To achieve excellence INSB provides extensive and informative seminars and events, programs which are hosted by the brightest minds of the world of different categories like:
- INSB organizes and hosts competitions and group projects which are sponsored by big companies like “Robi” or “Grey”. These are great platforms to get a reputation that will aid the members in their careers.
- INSB has also worked hard for women's betterment. IEEE affinity group WIE(Women in Engineering) is currently the biggest organization for women in engineering.
- Well-educated, highly qualified, and skilled professionals from esteemed institutions such as “Shikhbe Shobai” also host comprehensive workshops where the INSB members can learn new traits straight from the veteran engineers.
- INSB also organizes many Alumni events. Where the current members of INSB can mix with the ex-members and get a proper view of their career and corporate life.
- INSB also hosts many different life skill development events. These can be educational or not. Their main purpose is to serve in real-life situations for the members.
They are the governing body that will conduct all the activities of the Student Branch.
This includes decisions related to direction, communication with IEEE, proposals, event organizations, expenditures, recruitment, member discipline, member benefits, and administrative duties related to the Student Branch.
Executive Body 2022-2023
Branch Counselor - Tanjila Farah
Chair - Mahi Barkatullah
Vice Chair - Faiza Zabin Fiza
Treasurer - Fahim Istiak
Webmaster - Mahbubul Kabir Farajee
Secretary(Activity) - Omar Hasan Rumi
Secretary(Technical) - Ashrin Mobashira Shifa
Chair, RAS Student Chapter - Zahid Hasan
Chair, PES Student Chapter - Syed Redwan Md Hassan
Chair, IAS Student Chapter - Rezaur Rahman Sabbir
Chair, WIE Affinity Group - Samiha Tasnim